Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Snow Day










Snow! Satu Mare was covered in snow this morning when I woke up. The snow was still coming down. Zoltan decided that we would leave about 2 hours earlier than planned to drive to Cluj in case the road was closed through the mountains. The day before the road had been closed for five hours due to snow and ice. Beauty comes at a price. Blanca had prepared one of my favorite meals: Fruit soup (with apples and cherries), potato casserole (this is Bonnie’s favorite), and walnut cake. All left behind due to the snow and the need to hit the road.

The snow covered villages were beautiful along with the fields and hills. We stopped on the top of the mountain to take in one of Elizabeth’s favorite views when it is snowing. Three of the shots are of “the view”. We stopped for lunch about 2 o’clock. The parking lot, hotel/restaurant was covered in snow. Once inside, the snow started outside. As Elizabeth said, “the only thing missing is Bonnie.” We “short lunch”--A good-sized bowl of chicken soup which was delicious, fresh baked bread, a tomato/cucumber/cabbage salad, chicken schnitzel with farm potatoes. Believe it or not, I had to take a “packet” for the train—could not eat it all. Lost out on dessert.

I was able to get two good pictures of Zoltan and Elizabeth. We enjoyed so much being together, praying together, and just talking about everything under the Son. We arrived in Cluj it was snowing harder. We said good bye. As Zoltan says, “I do not know if we will see one each other again upon the earth. But, we will see one other before the Lord.” I have to tell you that it was not easy to say goodbye. They left for chemotherapy treatment for Zoltan. I left for Brasov/Sacele. I don’t know if I will see Zoltan again upon this earth. But, I am confident that he will preach the Gospel and provide spiritual counsel to all who ask until the Lord calls him home. I am confident that he will glorify the Lord with, in and through his life. They are family. He is my twin brother.

The ride to Brasov is on the fast train--five and a half hours--very comfortable actually. I am riding first class. Actually I could ride any class—in my car there were never more than six people. With my packet from the restaurant and my bag that Elizabeth packed, I am eating my way across Transylvania. Otto Kis met me at the train and now its Sacele/Brasov time. I hope that I can keep up with Otto, Elizabeth, Benjamin, and Rhode. In Sacele, I will meet with/speak with kindergarten class, children’s club, a high school class, a young couples meeting, Brasov church, and the Hope Group (a great group of people who happen to have disabilities). Hopefully, I will get to post each day. Thursday night I am looking forward to seeing the Borzasi family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home