Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Night: Beauty and the Beast













These are pictures of the Romanian country side as we traveled from Brasov along the edge of the Carpathians. The scenery was beautiful. I missed a few shots with the camera. I wanted to share some of the pictures. If you wonder if I am intentionally making pictures of churches—I am not. Every village has at least one church and most have several. One of the pictures is of a group of Roma houses. They are obvious as you travel—on the edge of town/village and usually near the train. Once again very few people were on the train. I saw the old barns, old castle like walls of churches, and villages which seem unchanged for centuries. I hope you enjoy the pictures. If you ever want a great vacation, the Romanian Carpathians offer so much.

I take this all back. No picture for this. We have been stopped somewhere now for about one hour. No explanation given. I did find out that a locomotive engine is involved. We are waiting one and as soon as it gets here we are going. So far we were 35 minutes late out of Brasov, about an hour now and counting. Wait, if we are waiting on an engine how did we get this far! I am really glad that I ate all that lamb soup, roasted red peppers, and lamb for lunch.

Sent a text to Otto and Attila (wrong number). Talked to Attila and turns out the train is stopped only 15 minutes from Reghin (over 1 hour). We agreed that Attila would come get me. I got my luggage at the door of the train. Stepping down, I started to take my luggage off the train. The train started moving with the door open. I had to get back in the train. Almost had my luggage taking a ride without me. Called Attila back and he met me at the train station. It took almost thirty minutes to go that short distance. Now I am in Reghin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Oh yes, you are definitely in Romania!!! Have a nice stay. Hope your next visit will include our family as well.

March 19, 2010 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home