Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday: Back to Kindergarten







Friday ended my stay in Sacele. My last event was to go visit Rhode and Benjamin’s kindergarten. We spent two great hours with the Hungarian and the Romanian kindergarten classes. The Hungarian Class included Benjamin and Rhode. I included a photo of Rhode on the floor. The children had learned an English song: Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. When one fell down and bumped his head, Rhode hit the floor.

I talked about African children. I taught them an abbreviated version of “Hakuna Mungu..” We added movement and louder singing and it was really good. They learned a few Swahili words. They were shown how many people carry things on their head in Africa. This led to them practicing carry items on their head. They really enjoyed this. Also, the children really liked seeing the animals. The children drew pictures and a couple of them could write. So, I have letters to give to the children at the Daily Bread Life Children’s Home in Tanzania. I have to admit that I was wondering about this mornings time. I had a blast.

The second class was Romanian speaking children. The power went off just as we were starting so that required innovation to keep those guys on track. But, they were really good. Otto had told the children about Pro Africa and the children gave about three dollars in Romanian currency for orphans. Otto left CD’s explaining Pro Africa and the needs in Kenya and Tanzania.

After lunch, I was on the train for my last stop, Reghin with Attila and Adele Toth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home