Thursday, July 29, 2010

KENYA TEAM IS GETTING READY

JULY 30 is the big day for the Kenya Team as we begin our safari to Nairobi then Ruaka. This year, Mady Bricco and Tatiana Johnson join the vets (Lucia Johnson, Meg Hunt, Rebecca West, Bonnie Parker, and Floyd Parker) to lead Holiday Bible Week at the Happy Day Academy, Tigoni, Kenya. This is the second camp at the school. Happy Day Academy is a Teleios partner led by Mary Kabaru (wife of Bernard Kabaru). So far there are 168 children registered from 5-16. Here is our basic daily schedule:

Breakfast 7:30 AM
Camp Begins 9 AM (We do a 45 minute rotation with four groups. Takes 3 solid hrs)
Bible Stories: Bonnie/Tatiana
Crafts: Lucia/Mady
Academics: Rebecca
Recreation: Meg
Gofer/Loafer/Chaufer: Floyd
Camp Ends at 1:30 PM (or after lunch)
Visit in Children's Homes: 2-3PM ??? (Always about 2 hours)
Back at the Kentmere by 4ish

We will keep in touch hopefully on a daily basis. Sometimes, pictures are difficult to upload. But we will do our best. Thank you in advance for your prayers

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you. Please give my regards to all of my friends in Kenya. I pray that I will return there soon!
Anne Davis

July 29, 2010 1:08 PM  
Blogger Zambo Dalma said...

I will be praying for you, to. Please give our greetings to Bonnie and Floyd. I have good news for them: we move to my mother. Soon I will send an email to Bonnie.

July 30, 2010 1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucia and Tats, I am following you each day best I can. Looks like you are having a wonderful time sharing yours and Gods love. Take care love you lots. Mel and Debbie

August 03, 2010 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home