Saturday, November 21, 2009

KENYA: THE JOURNEY BEGINS



I, Floyd, arrived last night in Nairobi. The feelings of coming through customs and out the doors to greet Bernard is always one that I enjoy. Robert was with him and we had a great time catching up on the way to Bernard and Mary's home. Mary and Shirley Kabaru had prepared a delicious Kikuyu meal with my favorite chapati. Then on to the Kentmere for a great nights sleep--well until the birds started singing around 5:30 AM this morning--this is the best time to pray. Bernard and I spent the day catching up and going over the details of the teams coming in over the next three weeks. Saw all my friends at the Kentmere--to all the previous team members they asked about each of you. Oh, Meg guess which cottage I am in. The Grace team arrives in about an hour. I am off to stuff myself for dinner. The flowers are lovely in the highlands. Some rain has come but not enough. Please continue to pray for the rain needed for the crops to grow and produce.

Tomorrow Mitchell and I stay in Limuru while Kevin and Robin head for Sipili (a little more remote). Thank you in advance for your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home