Monday, November 24, 2008

A Lifetime First

This morning was a repeat of all the past mornings with the exception of exceptional chapati prepared by Neema. I had the opportunity to finalize my teaching assignments in Kenya and renew some information regarding the children’s home. Neema continued my Swahili lessons. Mpeli and I reviewed the financial books for the children’s home—they were well-prepared. Also, we reviewed the contracts and the first financial reports for the “bus” business transporting faculty and staff of Tumani University to and from the city center. This is proving to be a very good opportunity to use the bus to provide income for the children’s home.

After lunch we visited the hostel project. Mpeli did a great job in getting it ready for the students and cleaning up the site. Then came the event of the day.

Mpeli and I accompanied Neema to Kidetete to deliver a couple of women’s health packets and women’s “panties” as part of a maternal health partnership led by Suzanah Raffield, Panama City, Florida. Under her leadership Women from Elba, AL, and the Covenant Community Church in Elba gathered the women’s supplies. Culturally, Mpeli and I were not present in the Kidetete church for the distribution. But after a time of talking, singing, praising God, I was invited to join the ladies. They came rushing at me thanking me with unbelieveable enthusiasm. I wish that Suzanah and the women who came to Kidetete in July could have been here. The women kept on thanking me. For me it was a great time of experiencing the diversity of God’s provision, mutual partnerships, and how little/overlooked things regarding women are actually big things for them culturally and practically. I was forbidden to look at some of the pictures for Suzanah but was allowed one photograph of them thanking the USA women and Suzanah through me. In short, I received thanks that did not go to me for items I did not gather or distribute. I did however carry around 400 pairs of panties from Greenville to Iringa, Tanzania. I truly thank the Lord that I was not stopped by customs. Seriously,I truly thank the Lord for Suzanah's vision and the faithfulness of those who embraced the vision. This truly was a lifetime first for me.

Leaving Kidetete we toured parts of Iringa that I had not seen before and returned to the Mwaisumbe household. We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon and evening talking and praying for the concerns of our partners and the staff of the children’s home. Tonight, I am preparing to go to Kenya. Also, I helped Mpeli and Neema install skype on their computer. Tomorrow my safari is Iringa to Dar Es Salaam. After meeting several people that Mpeli has lined up, I fly to Nairobi at 6 PM.

Word from Bernard is that Adrian and Joseph are doing good. They are at Lake Nakuru National Game Park today and tonight. Praying they see every animal possible. Anne Davis and Mary Kabaru started their sessions at Happy Day Academy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tóth Attila said...

I am very glad that you are doing a great time in Africa. I am very exited about what you doing there. God bless you. Greetings to everyone.
your friend
attila

November 25, 2008 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home