Sunday, March 02, 2008

Romania: Satu Mare

The trip to Budapest was good except for a mechanical problem in JFK with the plane. I got on the plane then they stopped the boarding. I waited and finally was told to get off the plane while it was having "more serious repairs". After one hour we were on board and waiting in line to take off. The amazing part was that we were five minutes early landing in Budapest. I had great company on the plane. Sitting beside me was an escape artist (like Houdini). He was very interesting and I had the opportunity to share about my passion for Jesus Christ. Also, I visited with David Rice, a Campus Crusade missionary from Greenville. He was traveling from Mexico on his way to Budapest. Finally, I had the opportunity to meet a professor from Covenant College outside Chattanooga on his way to Budapest and for one day in Satu Mare. I had an uneventful trip otherwise except for waking myself up snoring three times on the plane and two times in the car.

I am having a great time with Zoltan, Elisabeth, Benjamin, and Blanca Vekas and the Satu Mare Church. This morning, I preached in the morning worship service on Jesus as the Resurrection and the Life. Today, Zoltan "arranged" for me to preach in an evangelistic meeting in a village mission about two hours from Satu Mare. As he said, "this is a bad road". I would have to say the road had more potholes than any that previously I have ridden in Romania. The meeting at the church in Cehu Silvania was great. A choir group from the Zalau Hungarian Baptist Church came along with testimonies. Before we started, Zoltan asked the church leader how many unbelievers were there. The leader said, "10 I think". I preached from 2 Corinthians 5:16ff. Zoltan gave the invitation. In the end, 10 people made decisions for Christ. He counseled with them and encouraged them. They asked to be prayed for and follow up with contacts from the church leaders and members.

Tomorrow I head from Oradea with Zoltan. My classes on 1 & 2 Corinthians begin at 1 PM. Thank you for your prayers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really happy to read these things. Good to have you here among us, it is a real blessing. I know the Church in Cehu Silvaniei where the evangelistic meeting took place and I am thankful for those 10 people who took a decision to follow Christ. I hope that is was a genuine decision and the follow-up will be helpful for them.

Bye the way, the road is not that bad :)

Many blessings for the entire ministry!
Your student: Zsolt

March 05, 2008 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home